Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mallin's Monday Memorial Marathon (Quadruple M!)

Welcome to the first annual Mallin's Monday Memorial Marathon.  I've been planning this for a very long time--about 20 minutes now.

The run leaves from Memorial Park (see how the Memorial theme is playing out?) at 7:30 AM on Monday morning.

There is no planned route--we'll just run. I have a watch with a GPS; I'll put us back at the parking lot at 26.2 miles...or so.

There will be no support--bring a credit card or cash to buy drinks at convenience stores.

Since the entry fee is free, there will not be any trophies or fancy T-shirts. But, I will buy 26.2 stickers for the back of your car should you complete all 26.2 miles.

The meeting spot will be where we usually meet for trail running.  Click Trail Running (up there in the top navigation) to see the map for where to park at Memorial Park.

There is a total of 1 person officially registered (including me), so sign up quickly to guarantee your spot in the first annual Quadruple M!

If you have any questions, let me know!

UPDATE:
There were two of us that did it...Alyson and me.  Here's the route and all the data: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/89063342.


It seems a lot of folks are interested in completing a marathon...

Stay tuned... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment